Selected Finding Aids


The Archives of New York University School of Medicine mounted an Exhibit of Antique Medical Bottles for the 1999-2000 school years. The collection was the generous donation of Dr. Arthur Lindner, retired Associate Dean. In 2001, the Medical Archives received another gift of Antique Medical Bottles courtesy of Elena Lesser- Brun. Both collections consist of glass medical bottles from the Victorian and Modern Era (19th and 20th Century). The exceptions to this being a cardboard box of E.C. DeWitt’s “Dyspepsia Cure” and a small metal box of “Creamalin.”
The records document the history of the Bellevue Hospital Medical College , from incorporation in 1861 to its merger with the University Medical College of New York University in 1898, and consist of photographs, annual announcements, financial records, student theses and certificates of moral character, faculty papers, class schedules, lecture tickets and more.

This collection contains documents and images from the Bellevue Schools of Nursing, the first in the United States to be run according to the nursing principles championed by Florence Nightingale. The schools (which included the Mills Training School for Men) operated from 1873-1969. Among the holdings are photographs, yearbooks, a few publications, annual announcements, a school history and some reports on the operation of the schools.