Give a Gift
One major issue with all special collections is the preservation and maintenance of historic and rare items. Materials need to be treated and stored in a way that ensures their usability for generations of researchers to come. Your financial gift will contribute to the continuing preservation and conservation of fragile archival materials and special collections at the NYU medical archives.
To make a monetary donation to the Archives, please visit the Office of Development's Online Giving and enter "NYUMedicalArchives" via the "Tell us how to direct your gift" link. We thank you for your support!
Transferring Administrative Records
Administrative records that document the development and implementation of institutional policy by unit chairs, directors, staff, and by faculty acting in administrative positions, are necessary to provide an accurate reflection of the activities and achievements of the institution.
Records accepted by the Archives include:
- chair's or director's subject files and correspondence
- committee records
- faculty or staff meeting minutes
- reports, including annual reports
- identified photos
- newsletters and other publications of the unit or department
The Archives does not accept duplicate items or external publications. Please contact the Archives to arrange for the transfer at (212) 563-8280.
The Archives collects and preserves materials relating to the history of the following institutions and affiliated institutions and/or individuals:
- NYU Langone Health
- New York University School of Medicine
- Bellevue Hospital Medical College
- New York Post-Graduate Medical School and Hospital
We collect and preserve the following types of materials, in both digital and physical formats:
- Correspondence, diaries, notebooks, scrapbooks
- Research-related materials
- Architectural drawings and maps
- Photographs, film, and any other A/V media
- Oral histories
- Artifacts and select medical instruments
We do not accept the following materials due to space limitations:
- Wooden or metal plaques
- Heavy medical equipment
- Raw research data
If you would like to discuss donating personal papers to the Archives, please contact us at (212) 563-8280.